There’s a fresh new sensation in the pastry world: the geometrical desserts by Ukrainian chef Dinara Kasko, who prints cake molds on a 3D printer.
Dinara is just 28 years old. She graduated from Kharkiv University of Architecture and Design and worked as an architect-designer and a 3D visualizer.
“I started to bake like most of housewives, with some simple cakes and pies, but it quickly turned into my passion. It just became more interesting to me at some point. I liked what I was doing as an architect, but now I’m more interested in patisserie,” says Dinara.
“From the moment I got into patisserie I decided to try to add something new into it. I realized that the appearance is as important as taste. I tried to model my own molds and print them with 3D printer and I liked what I got.”
Recently the Italian company SiliKoMart bought the rights to two cake molds from Dinara, and a company in China makes authorized cake molds by Dinara.
Interestingly, Dinara makes her fantastic cakes and pastries in a standard 100-foot kitchen in a Kharkiv apartment. Her Instagram has over 610,000 followers—and it’s easy to see why!
Just look at these unbelievable creations:
1. Cheesecake with goat cheese and cranberries.
2. Geometric kinetic tart #1.
3. Geometric kinetic tart #2.
4. Geometric kinetic tart #3.
5. Geometric kinetic tart #4.
6. Cherry cake.
7. Cherry cake cross-section.
8. Raspberry dessert.
9. Heart cake.
10. Black Diamond cake.
11. Black Diamond cake cross-section.
12. Sphere dessert.
13. Chocolate Block cake.
14. Lime-Basil Triangulation.
15. Bubbles exotic fruit cake.
16. Geometry. Figure #6.
17. Geometry. Figure #5.
18. Geometry. Figure #4.
19. Geometry. Figure #3.
20. Geometry. Figure #2.
21. Geometry. Figure #1.
22. Geometric cake.
23. Cakes by various chefs made using Dinara’s molds.
24. Sphere-Cube-Triangle composition.
25. Apricot cake.
26. Dinara’s master class in Bangkok, Thailand.
27. Coffee dessert.
28. Tod’s gingerbread house.
29. Bonbons from the master class in Minsk, Belarus.
30. Caramel & Lemon cake.
31. Bonus: a video of Dinara’s bonbons.
Would you like a taste of Dinara’s desserts?